Today I am very honored to have an awesome novelist guest posting on the blog today. She knows the way to any cowboy’s heart is through his stomach. Just check out this yummy cookie recipe she is sharing with us.
Appeal to that man in your life and pull him in with these soft cookies that scream with flavor and ride off into the sunset as you devour the whole pan. Best way to eat them? With a Redemption book in the other hand.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 ½ tsp cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter (melted but not boiling)
- 1 ½ cup unpacked brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups chocolate chips (I prefer semi-sweet)
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 cups crushed cornflakes (I’ve used Frosted Flakes hehe)
- 1 cup chopped pecans or almonds or walnuts – basically get some nuts in there!
- With the oven rack in center of oven, preheat to 350°F.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients but not the nuts or the chocolate chips. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to mix together butter and sugars until all lumps are gone. Blend in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla and beat some more.
- With mixer on low speed add dry ingredients from the medium bowl until just combined. Then use a large spoon to stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Scoop dough onto prepared cookie sheets, spaced about 2 inches apart. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until cookies are set and edges are beginning to turn golden brown. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. They will continue baking on the sheet so don’t let the cookies reach fully brown in the oven. The cornstarch will keep them moist.
Pack these suckers up and send them out with your favorite rodeo partner. And remember – not everything can be fixed with a kiss, but few negative things can survive a cookie.
Mary’s never been completely honest with anyone–especially herself.
The man she’s supposed to marry reminds her of her father in ways she’s suppressed for years–controlling, abusive, and manipulative. The sisters she’s finally found don’t understand her shame or confusion.
When Ian enters the picture with his British accent and Montana tan, Mary starts to question the past and her loyalty to a father who took away all her chances at true happiness.
Can Mary help her sisters break free from their father’s diabolical past? Or will his sins corrupt any chance at true happiness with Ian? And herself?
Buy on Amazon / Nook / Kobo / iBooks
Start the series for FREE
Pick it up for FREE
Amazon / Barnes and Noble / iBooks/ Kobo
Buy on Amazon / Barnes and Noble / iBooks / Kobo
Amazon / Barnes and Noble / iBooks / Kobo
Bonnie R. Paulson mixes her science and medical background with reality and possibilities to make even myths seem likely and give every romance the genetic strength to survive. Bonnie has discovered a dark and twisty turn in her writing that she hopes you enjoy as much as she has enjoyed uncovering it. Dirt biking with her family in the Northwest keeps her sane.
Facebook / Blog / Twitter / Goodreads / Newsletter / Literary Addicts / Amazon