I remember when my girls were younger. We would all pile on top of the trampoline and look at the night sky. This was a time of family and learning. Now that my girls are older I miss those days. So I decided to share three amazing books about outer space.
This book provides fact after fact for children to tell family and friends, and even has an accompanying webpage with video clips giving a visual insight into the planets, stars, comets, asteroids, black holes and many of the other things that make up the universe.
Aliens, space ships, and constellations, oh my! Ride on a rocket ship to another galaxy with this stellar book. With The Everything Kids’ Astronomy Book, astronomers-in-training will learn:
- How galaxies like the Milky Way were built.
- Why the sun’s surface is 20,000-50,000-degrees Fahrenheit.
- Why the earth spins and how gravity works.
- What comets and asteroids are made of and how they affect planets.
- The truth about the man in the moon.
- Why Mars is so hot and what those rings around Saturn are.
- What scientists think about aliens and life in outer space
It’s always a pleasant and calming feeling to look up at stars. But you can turn that feeling into one of learning through this picture book of constellations. Here, your child will be trained basic astronomy, starting off with the identification of star patterns dominant in the night sky. Constellations is an exciting subject to tackle, and this book makes it twice as fun!