Soon after Jessica Kastner became a mother, she wondered if she was the only mom who found pretend play more boring than watching playdough harden and who dreaded yet another friend’s Instagram post of homemade deliciousness.
In Hiding from My Kids in the Prayer Closet, Kastner shares her experience as an “unmom”—a mom who loves her kids more than she loves the daily experience of mothering. She helps readers laugh at the ridiculous, delight in the unpredictable, and enjoy being the mothers God made them to be.
Grab this book while it is free on Kindle.
Here is a list of some other books that might interest Moms.
- Becoming Myself
- The Mailbox: A Novel
- Blowing on Dandelions: A Novel
- unNatural Mom: Why You Are the Perfect Mom for Your Kids
- You Can Still Wear Cute Shoes: And Other Great Advice from an Unlikely Preacher’s Wife
- God Knows My Name: Never Forgotten, Forever Loved
- Singing in the Dark: Finding Hope in the Songs of Scripture