As we approach Christmas, we have a choice—permit stress to overwhelm us or allow God to permeate true peace. Celebrate the birth of Jesus differently this year by unwrapping gifts from God’s Word, one shiny, beautifully wrapped Bible verse at a time. If your heart longs to:
- Set a new Christmas tradition: run to God’s Word when you feel like running away
- Discover how God’s peace can infuse inevitable holiday disappointments with extraordinary hope
- Replace total panic and tedious pressure with true peace this Christmas
- See God’s sovereign hand moving in your story
- Receive comfort that you are not alone in your struggles this winter
then this book is for YOU.
Through this book, we will Count Up to Christmas by following Jesus through the Gospel of Luke a chapter a day from December 1 – 24th. Each day opens and savors a gift from Scripture each day through an inviting full-color image, teaching, prayer, a few minutes of Christmas Quietude, and a worship song recommendation.
Each December since 2009, Jennifer Elwood has anticipated reading a chapter per day of the Gospel of Luke. The idea for this book came the year she forgot to start on time. Reading the entirety of Luke in one sitting the day after Christmas birthed the desire to share this refreshing practice with women who need the peace of Jesus during the Christmas season. She hopes you will join her, and others, by cultivating peace together as the year ends.
Leave a Reply