St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner, and what better way to celebrate than with some great Irish-themed books? Here are some St. Patrick’s Day book recommendations for all ages:
- “The Night Before St. Patrick’s Day” by Natasha Wing – This fun picture book is perfect for young children and follows two siblings as they prepare for St. Patrick’s Day.
- “St. Patrick of Ireland: A Biography” by Philip Freeman – This book is a great introduction to the life of St. Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland.
- “Angela’s Ashes” by Frank McCourt – This memoir tells the story of the author’s childhood in poverty-stricken Ireland and is a moving portrait of Irish life. Plus as a bonus, you can watch the movie after you finish the book.
- “P.S. I Love You” by Cecelia Ahern – This heartwarming novel follows a young widow who receives a series of letters from her late husband that help her move on and find love again. This is also another one that has a movie.
- “Dubliners” by James Joyce – This collection of short stories provides a vivid depiction of life in Dublin in the early 20th century and is a classic of Irish literature.
- “The Irishman” by Charles Brandt – This true crime book tells the story of Frank Sheeran, a hitman for the mob who claims to have killed Jimmy Hoffa. Another one with a movie available to watch.
- “The Secret Scripture” by Sebastian Barry – This novel follows the life of an elderly woman living in a mental institution in Ireland and is a poignant exploration of memory, love, and loss.
No matter what your age or reading preferences, there’s a St. Patrick’s Day book out there for you. Happy reading!